1. Set the oven to 160 degrees and line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper or foil.
2. Put all the dried ingredients apart from fruit in a bowl and mix evenly.
3. Melt the coconut oil gently over a hob.
4. Stir in the liquid oil and maple syrup to the oat mixture then spread out evenly onto the baking sheet. You want the oats to fit quite snugly together without being too crowded, or they won’t toast evenly.
5. Bake for 10 minutes or so; take out of the oven. Press down with the back of a spatula (this will give you those lovely little clumps).
6. Pop back in the oven for another 10- 20 minutes, until it has turned a lovely golden brown.
7. Remove from the oven when the aromas start to fill the kitchen and set aside to cool. The mix will continue to cook slightly so don’t be afraid if you don’t think it looks quite toasted enough.
8. When completely cool, stir through the dried fruit, break up into granola sized chunks and store in a Kilner jar for up to 1 month.
Brazil Nut & Blueberry Granola
Makes 1 Kilner Jar of Granola
4 cups of oats
1 1/2 cups of flaked almonds and brazil nuts
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1/3 cup maple syrup
2/3 cup dried blueberries
½ cup maple syrup
½ cup coconut oil
Note: You can interchange the nuts / berries in the granola with any kind of nut or berry you prefer. The ratio of oats: berries: nuts will work every time, so feel free to use up those lingering items in your larder!