1. Slice the onion, peel and chop the celery then fry both in a little olive oil with a pinch of salt over a medium heat until just starting to take colour.
2. Turn the heat up, add the caraway and stir for a minute or so until aromatic, then add the courgettes.
3. Cook quickly for about 3 minutes, stirring until the courgettes have released most of the moisture. Then add the schnapps and cook off for a minute on a high heat. You don't want all the liquid to evaporate, as the flavour from the schnapps should endure. Add the tomatoes and stir for another minute, season then set aside.
4. Add the tomatoes and stir for another minute, season then pour into a large, flat baking dish (how big?).
5. Melt the butter, then mix it with the cheese and breadcrumbs before sprinkling on top of the courgettes. You can set it aside at this point, until you are ready to eat. Otherwise, set the oven to 220 degrees.
6. Cook for 15-20 minutes until golden brown on top.