1. Set the oven to 160 degrees fan and grease and line a 18 x 30 cm tray
2. Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl before pouring into the tray.
3. Bake for 30-38 minutes until a skewer comes out clean. Remove from the oven and cool in the cake tin.
4. Put the milk chocolate and cream in a bowl set above just simmering water (making sure the two don't touch) and stir, whilst everything melts together. Once everything is incorporated, cover with clingfilm (touching the surface of the ganache) and leave to cool for 45 minutes to an hour. You don't want it too cool down completely or it won't pipe.
5. Put a star nozzle in a piping bag and fill with the cooled ganache. Turn out the cake onto a wire rack and measure out appropriate sized pieces, before piping on the ganache.
Double Chocolate Slices with Rhubarb
Makes quite a few
230g plain flour
2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
300g caster sugar
85g cocoa powder
2 tsp espresso powder
250ml whole milk
120ml vegetable oil
2 medium free range eggs
2 tbsp boiling water
For the icing:
400g milk chocolate
200g double cream
Taken from an excellent recipe by Roojie the Foodie