1. Mix together the eggs, egg yolks & sugar in a bowl.
2. Halve the passion fruit and spoon out the inside into a small food processor. Blitz until the seeds and pulp have loosened, then strain, reserving the liquid for the curd and the seeds of any decoration for the final dish.
3. Add the passion fruit juice, butter and egg & sugar mixture to a large glass bowl and set in a bain marie (over a barely simmering pan of water, ensuring the water does not come into contact with the base of the bowl). Stir continuously until the mixture starts to thicken. This will take 10-15 minutes, so be patient.
4. When the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, add the juice of the lime, then continue to stir until the curd is thick, glossy and 100% spoonable.
5. Delight in how easy the whole process was and try not to have spoonful of curd each time you pass the jar...