1. Set the oven to 220 degrees.
2. Bring a pan of salted water to the boil and add the potatoes, leaving to cook for 5 minutes until just tender. They need to still hold their shape.
3. In a large jug, mix together the eggs and garlic, adding salt and pepper.
4. Drain the potatoes, then add these to the egg mixture.
5. Heat an ovenproof frying pan then pour in the egg and potato mixture.
6. Cook on a low heat for about 5 minutes or until most of the frittata is set, then transfer to the oven to cook for a further 10-12 minutes or until cooked through.
7. Arrange the goat’s cheese on top of the frittata and then drizzle on the pesto.
8. Place the rocket in the centre, grind black pepper on top, then serve.
Potato Frittata with Pesto, Rocket & Goat's Cheese
600g potatoes, thinly sliced
1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
8 large eggs, lightly beaten
100g ash covered goat’s cheese
3 tbsp pesto (the better the pesto, the better the taste)
Notes: You can cook these in advance and then blast in a hot oven before serving… just don’t add the goat’s cheese until later. This can also be eaten cold.