1. Preheat the oven to 220 degrees.
2. Put the saffron in a small bowl with the hot water to infuse for at least 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, mix the Greek yoghurt, lemon and olive oil well, then whisk in the saffron; you should create a lovely golden sauce.
4. Place the aubergines on a baking sheet and brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until they start to brown.
5. Place the pine nuts in a separate tray and roast for 5-7 minutes until lightly toasted and golden brown (you will need to shake them half way…and keep an eye on them to make sure they don’t catch!).
6. Cut the chillies into small pieces. Mix together 3 tsp vinegar, 2 tsp water & 1 tsp sugar, then place the chillies in the liquid for at least 5 minutes to pickle. Drain once ready.
7. To assemble, arrange the aubergine (once cool) on the bottom of a large plate, drizzle over the saffron yoghurt and sprinkle with the pine nuts, basil and pickled chilli.
Roasted Aubergine, Basil & Saffron Yoghurt
4 as a substantial side
2 tbsp pine nuts
2 large red chillies
A pinch of saffron
90g Greek yoghurt
1 tbsp hot water
Juice of ½ a lemon
1 tbsp olive oil
Note: Cut the aubergines into wedges (half horizontally, then cut each half into half lengthwise, then each length into three chunks).