1. Chop the potatoes into 'roast potato' sized chunks!
2. Put them in a pan of cold water (not boiling, otherwise they won't cook consistently throughout) and bring to the boil. Boil for 4-5 minutes, then drain in a colander. Leave for at least 30 minutes, but up to half a day. The drier they are, the crispier they will be.
3. Set the oven to 200 degrees and line a baking tray with a sheet of greaseproof paper.
4. Lather the potatoes in rapeseed oil and Maldon Sea Flakes (any salt will do), ensuring each potato is nicely coated.
5. Roast for 35 - 40 minutes or until you can smell they are golden brown and crispy. Take them out of the oven and put into a serving dish lined with kitchen towel, to absorb the excess grease.
6. Remove the kitchen towel, sprinkle with salt and serve alongside your favourite roast dinner.
Perfect Roast Potatoes
6 (I am nothing if not The Potato Monster...)
2kg King Edward or Maris Piper Potatoes
You don't need to peel your potatoes! But you can if you want.
You can also roast these potatoes using olive oil.
If you're using goose fat, get it nice and hot in the oven first, before adding the potatoes, otherwise they'll be greasy.
Find the YouTube link to this recipe here: https://youtu.be/EZnBv3MKgPE